Dr. Carol Anderson‘s new book, The Second: Race and Guns in a Fatally Unequal America (Bloomsbury, 2021), continues to garner widespread attention in the press. The work analyzes the Second Amendment in the context of the citizenship rights and human rights of African Americans. We previously cataloged some of the press coverage of The Second in this story: “Anderson Publishes ‘The Second: Race and Guns in a Fatally Unequal America.’” Read more of the extensive and continuing coverage in the following:
- “The Second – Race and Guns in a Fatally Unequal America,” C-SPAN, June 1, 2021.
- Leonard Pitts, Jr. “That ‘well-regulated militia?’ It was originally created to quell rebellions of the enslaved, prof says | Opinion,” Miami Herald, June 18, 2021.
- State of Play, Black News Channel, June 19, 2021.
- Keri Miller, “A fresh look at the intent of the Second Amendment,” MPR News with Kerri Miller, June 21, 2021.
- Maiysha Kai, “‘Don’t Black People Have Second Amendment Rights?'” The Root, July 8, 2021.
- Dean Obeidallah, “Scholar Carol Anderson on the “anti-Blackness” coded into the Second Amendment,” Salon, July 12, 2021.
- “Carol Anderson: Race and Guns in a Fatally Unequal America,” Commonwealth Club, July 21, 2021.
- “‘Braided In’: The Second Amendment and Anti-Blackness,” Amicus with Dahlia Lithwick, Slate, July 31, 2021.
- “Experts Debate Second Amendment’s Effects on Equality, Inequality in the United States,” Detroit Today, August 18, 2021.